About the CPA
To promote philosophical scholarship and exchange, the CPA produces quarterly their journal Dialogue [+]
- » Congress 2016, University of Calgary, May 29 – June 1.
- » Registration for Congress 2016 is now open.
- » List of symposia (updated: 11 Feb)
- » Call For Papers: The Canadian Section of the IVR The University of Calgary, Saturday, May 28, 2016.
- » Statement from the Equity Committee of the CPA on the current state of the discipline and the importance of programs like the site visit program.
- » CFA: Thirty-Third International Social Philosophy Conference. Carelton University, Ottawa. July 21-23, 2016.
- » Registration for Three Societies Meeting now open.
- » EXTENDED DEADLINE: Dependencies and Differences. University of Alberta Philosophy Graduate and Postgraduate Conference. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. 6-8 May 2016.
CFP: The Direction of Moral Duties: Foundations and Applications Vancouver
May 20-21, 2016.
- » The Journal Studies in Social Justice announces a call for papers for a special issue: Consuming Intimacies: Bodies, Labour, Care, and Social Justice..
- » Call for Applications: Visiting Professors 2016-17. Centre for Ethics, University of Toronto.
- » Pensées Canadiennes, the Canadian national undergraduate journal of philosophy. Pensées canadiennes, le journal des étudiants au baccalauréat en philosophie du Canada.
- » Call for submissions: Science and Values in Peirce and Dewey: A Conference in Honour of Angus Kerr-Lawson. April 25-27, 2016, University of Waterloo.
- » CFP: 5th Annual Graduate Conference: Logic & Language. Department of Philosophy, University of Calgary. May 27–28, 2016. (pdf)
- » List of recurring Canadian philosophical conferences (Thanks Mike Ashfield!)
- » Call for Papers: 2016 Annual Meeting. Canadian Society of Christian Philosophers. (pdf)
- » The Society for Existential and Phenomenological Theory and Culture (EPTC/TCEP) invites submissions of panel proposals and papers for its 2016 meeting in Calgary. The deadline paper submissions is January 15, 2016.
- » Papers are invited for a conference on Jacques Ellul with the main theme "Politics without Illusion, Revolution without Violence," to be held 6-8 July, 2016 at Berkeley. For details go to the ellul.org website. (Click this headline.)
- » Master's in Ancient Philosophy (Western Ontario).
- » 1st Call for Papers: Ernst Mach Centenary Conference 2016. University of Vienna and Austrian Academy of Sciences, June 16-18, 2016.
- » Proposals and CFP: The Society for Existential and Phenomenological Theory and Culture, University of Calgary, May 31 – June 2 (tentative), 2016.
- » MORE COMMUNICATIONS...
- » Tenure-track position, University of New Brunswick (Fredericton).
- » Postdoc positions (Calgary, Geneva, Minnesota.)
- » Ancient philosophy, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- » Tenure-track position, University of Lethbridge. AOS: open.
- » Posting - Department of Philosophy and Ethics Centre, University of Sudbury.
Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) in Social Epistemology and Cognitive
Science. York University, Department of Philosophy.
- » Lecturer / Assistant Professor, tenure stream. Dalhousie University. AOS: Epistemology, Metaphysics, History of Philosophy.
- » MORE JOB POSTINGS...
φ To have a news item, job posting or conference announcement added: Contact the Web Editor.
The Equity Committee of the CPA was founded in 1990-1, and works to collect data on the situation of women, visible minorities, philosophers with disabilities, and Aboriginal philosophers in Canada, as well as to share information on best practices to promote equity within the profession. It holds a regular panel as part of the CPA annual meeting to encourage critical reflection on questions of equity. More ...
Hitting the Job Market (For job seekers.)
See this year's prize winners on the Prizes page.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check the site guide.
University of Guelph
(For changes contact web editor)
UNIVERSITÉ DU NOUVEAU-BRUNSWICK
LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS & POLITICAL SCIENCE
JORGE KAREL LEYVA RODRIGUEZ
UNIVERSITÉ DE MONTRÉAL / SORBONNE
VICTOR MBUYI BIPUNGU
UNIVERSITÉ DE MONTRÉAL
UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT
HACETTEPE UNIVERSITY (TURKEY)