About the CPA
To promote philosophical scholarship and exchange, the CPA produces quarterly their journal Dialogue [+]
- » Follow this link to EasyChair for 2017 Annual Congress submissions. (Your membership login is not required.)
- » Call for papers, symposia, round tables and workshops. 2017 Annual Congress, Ryerson University Toronto, Ontario, May 28 to May 31, 2017.
- » CPA Annual Congress 2017. Ryerson University, Toronto, May 28 – May 31
- » University of Moncton threatens to cut philosophy major.
- » The 2017 CPA Book Prize Competition.
- » The Canadian Philosophical Association is pleased to announce the winners of the Faculty and Student Essay prizes.
- » New page: books by members of the CPA.
- » Letter from the President about the removal of SSHRC's 4A Category.
- » The CPA response to reports of academic repression in Turkey.
- » Statement from the Equity Committee of the CPA on the current state of the discipline and the importance of programs like the site visit program.
- » DEADLINE EXTENDED: 1 Feb 2017. Interiority. University of Alberta Philosophy Graduate and Postgraduate Conference, 5-7 May, 2017 Edmonton.
Call for Papers: 2017 Annual Meeting Canadian Society of Christian
- » CFP: The Canadian Section of the IVR. Ryerson University, May 27, 2017.
- » Sense of Agency and Moral Responsibility. 29-30 May 2017, Université catholique de Louvain. Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium).
- » ARC Colloquium 2017: Free Will, Language, and Neurosciences. 30-31 Aug 2017, Université catholique de Louvain. Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium).
- » Colour Primitivism Workshop. Brandon University, 18-20 May, 2017
- » Call for Papers/Presentations: Coming Through Fire: Rebuilding, Reconciling, Rethinking. 5[th] Annual Keyano College Arts and Humanities Conference. March 18, 2017, Keyano College, Fort McMurray, AB.
- » Call for papers: CSECS – Canadian Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies / NEASECS – Northeast American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies. From Cosmopolitans to Cosmopolitanisms. Joint Annual Conference, Toronto, Ontario, 18-22 October 2017.
- » Carleton University now offers an interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Ethics and Public Affairs.
- » Call for Abstracts: The CPA's Philosophy and the Schools Project. Philosophy, Democracy, & Education.
- » Call for Papers: colloquium &lquo;Wittgenstein's Notebooks 1914-1916&rquo;. Université du Québec à Montréal and Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (Montréal and Trois-Rivières, Canada), on May 4-6, 2017.
- » MORE COMMUNICATIONS...
- » Tenure-track position, political philosophy and critical prison studies. Queens's University.
- » MORE JOB POSTINGS...
φ To have a news item, job posting or conference announcement added: Contact us.
The Equity Committee of the CPA was founded in 1990-1, and works to collect data on the situation of women, visible minorities, philosophers with disabilities, and Aboriginal philosophers in Canada, as well as to share information on best practices to promote equity within the profession. It holds a regular panel as part of the CPA annual meeting to encourage critical reflection on questions of equity. More ...
Hitting the Job Market (For job seekers.)
See this year's prize winners on the Prizes page.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check the site guide.
University of Alberta
|Dept:||Department of Philosophy|
|Chair:||Jack Zupko. Chair|
(For changes contact web editor)
PIERRE-LUC DOSTIE PROULX
UNIVERSITÉ CATHOLIQUE DE LOUVAIN
DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
CRÉ / GRIN
UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO
UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA
UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH