About the CPA
To promote philosophical scholarship and exchange, the CPA produces quarterly their journal Dialogue [+]
We gratefully acknowledge the University's continuing support.
Les bureaux de l'ACP se trouvent au sein de la Faculté de philosophie à l'Université Saint-Paul.
Nous remercions grandement l'Université pour son soutien continu.
- » The CPA is once again holding its Book Prize competition. The deadline for submitting your book(s) is October 31, 2014. Get the credit you deserve. Advance your career. Submit a book for the Prize.
- » The 2015 CPA congress will take place from May 31st to June 3, 2015 at the University of Ottawa.
- » Congratulations to S. Dieleman (Dalhousie), V. Igneski (McMaster), Melissa Macaulay (Western), and Luke Roelofs (Toronto), all CPA prize winners, Congress 2014.
- » Hiring news 2014: from or to Canadian Philosophy programs.
- » CFP: 2015 Joint Meeting: Philosophy of Social Science Roundtable and the European Network for the Philosophy of the Social Sciences. 8-10 May 2015, University of Washington, Seattle.
- » Call for Papers: EPTC/TCEP 2015, Ottawa.
- » Call for Papers: "Thinking Through Deleuze: Nomadic Subjects, Global Citizenship and Posthumanism." Brock University, February 6-8, 2015.
- » Ergo has now published its premier issue.
- » Breached Horizons: The Work of Jean-Luc Marion. Conference at the Centre for Advanced Research in European Philosophy. King's University College, London, Canada. March 27–29, 2015.
- » Philosophy and Public Policy. Philosophical Activism &emdash; workshop III. 30-31 October, Centre for Humanities Engaging Science and Society (CHESS), Durham University.
- » Call for abstracts: The Calgary Summit of Philosophers of Science. Theme: future approaches for philosophy of biology. UofC, Sep 26-27.
- » Canadian Bioethics Society.
- » MORE COMMUNICATIONS...
- » Assistant Professor, Philosophy of Mind. University of Toronto.
- » Postes de professeur-e suppléant en idées politiques, Département de science politique, Université Laval.
- » Professor in continental philosophy, 19th century to the present. L'Université Laval.
- » MORE JOB POSTINGS...
φ To have a news item, job posting or conference announcement added: Contact the Web Editor.
The Equity Committee of the CPA was founded in 1990-1, and works to collect data on the situation of women, visible minorities, philosophers with disabilities, and Aboriginal philosophers in Canada, as well as to share information on best practices to promote equity within the profession. It holds a regular panel as part of the CPA annual meeting to encourage critical reflection on questions of equity. More ...
Hitting the Job Market (For job seekers.)
See this year's prize winners on the Prizes page.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check the site guide.
|Dept:||Department of Philosophy|
|Chair:||Richard A. Berg.|
(For changes contact web editor)