About the CPA
To promote philosophical scholarship and exchange, the CPA produces quarterly their journal Dialogue [+]
The Canadian Philosophical Association is pleased to announce the
winners of the 2015 Student Essay prizes:
1st – Jennifer Epp (Western), "Why the Epistemic Effects of Oppression Must Matter in Feminist Theory"
2nd – Jamie Shaw (Western), "A Tale of Two Pluralisms: Why Science Needs Metaphysics"
2nd – Jean-Charles Pelland (UQÀM), "Les numéraux avant les nombres? L’esprit étendu et la cognition numérique".
- » Congress 2016, University of Calgary, May 29 – June 1.
- » CPA Programme, Congress 2015, University of Ottawa.
- » Statement from the Equity Committee of the CPA on the current state of the discipline and the importance of programs like the site visit program.
- » Hiring news 2015: from or to Canadian Philosophy programs.
- » Call for abstracts: Knowing How. International Symposium, November 6-7, 2015, University of Montreal.
- » 2nd Call for Abstracts: The Ethics of Boycotting (special issue).
- » Triennial Congress of the Société de philosophie analytique (SoPhA), June 17 - 20, 2015, Montreal. The program and final schedule are now available.
- » CFP: Women in Early Analytical Philosophy. 5 October, 2015, Ghent University, in collaboration with the Journal for the History of Analytical Philosophy.
- » Call for Submissions, Symposium: Canadian Journal of Continental Philosophy/Revue canadienne de philosophie continentale.
- » Call for Papers: Hegel, Religion and Politics, Issues and Actuality. Saint Paul University, April 15-16, 2016.
- » Moving Pictures: Emotion, Art and Value, Western Canadian Philosophical Association 52nd Annual Meeting, October 2-4, 2015, University of Saskatchewan.
- » EPTC/TCEP 2015, Ottawa. The program for the conference of the Society for Existential and Phenomenological Theory and Culture (EPTC) is now available.
- » 21st Conference of the North American Sartre Society. East Stroudsburg University, Conference Center, Bethlehem, PA, November 13-15, 2015.
- » MORE COMMUNICATIONS...
- » Limited-term appointment, Trent University, Peterborough.
- » Limited term appointment, Dalhousie University. AOS: Feminism and Social and Political Philosophy.
- » Call for Applications: Visting Scholar, The Centre for Ethics at the University of Toronto.
- » Dean, Faculty of Humanities, University of Victoria.
- » MORE JOB POSTINGS...
φ To have a news item, job posting or conference announcement added: Contact the Web Editor.
The Equity Committee of the CPA was founded in 1990-1, and works to collect data on the situation of women, visible minorities, philosophers with disabilities, and Aboriginal philosophers in Canada, as well as to share information on best practices to promote equity within the profession. It holds a regular panel as part of the CPA annual meeting to encourage critical reflection on questions of equity. More ...
Hitting the Job Market (For job seekers.)
See this year's prize winners on the Prizes page.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check the site guide.
University of Prince Edward Island
|Dept:||Department of Philosophy|
|Chair:||Dr. Malcolm Murray.|
(For changes contact web editor)