About the CPA
To promote philosophical scholarship and exchange, the CPA produces quarterly their journal Dialogue [+]
- » CPA Statement regarding the travel ban enacted by the U.S. President Donald Trump on January 27, 2017.
- » University of Moncton threatens to cut philosophy major.
- » The 2017 CPA Book Prize Competition.
- » New page: books by members of the CPA.
- » Letter from the President about the removal of SSHRC's 4A Category.
- » The CPA response to reports of academic repression in Turkey.
- » Statement from the Equity Committee of the CPA on the current state of the discipline and the importance of programs like the site visit program.
- » EXTENDED DEADLINE: March 3, 2017. Call for Abstracts: The CPA's Philosophy and the Schools Project. Philosophy, Democracy, & Education.
- » CFP: The Humanities as a Form of Resistance Appel de textes : Les humanités comme forme de résistance .
- » Call for papers: for a topical issue of Open theology, Phenomenology of Religious Experience.
2017 Association for Political Theory Call for Papers. Proposal deadline:
Monday, February 6, 2017.
- » DEADLINE EXTENDED: 1 Feb 2017. Interiority. University of Alberta Philosophy Graduate and Postgraduate Conference, 5-7 May, 2017 Edmonton.
- » Call for Papers: 2017 Annual Meeting Canadian Society of Christian Philosophers
- » CFP: The Canadian Section of the IVR. Ryerson University, May 27, 2017.
- » Sense of Agency and Moral Responsibility. 29-30 May 2017, Université catholique de Louvain. Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium).
- » ARC Colloquium 2017: Free Will, Language, and Neurosciences. 30-31 Aug 2017, Université catholique de Louvain. Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium).
- » Colour Primitivism Workshop. Brandon University, 18-20 May, 2017
- » Call for Papers/Presentations: Coming Through Fire: Rebuilding, Reconciling, Rethinking. 5[th] Annual Keyano College Arts and Humanities Conference. March 18, 2017, Keyano College, Fort McMurray, AB.
- » Call for papers: CSECS – Canadian Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies / NEASECS – Northeast American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies. From Cosmopolitans to Cosmopolitanisms. Joint Annual Conference, Toronto, Ontario, 18-22 October 2017.
- » Carleton University now offers an interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Ethics and Public Affairs.
- » Call for Papers: colloquium &lquo;Wittgenstein's Notebooks 1914-1916&rquo;. Université du Québec à Montréal and Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (Montréal and Trois-Rivières, Canada), on May 4-6, 2017.
- » MORE COMMUNICATIONS...
- » Tenure-track position, Brandon University. AOS/AOC: Metaphysics, Epistemology,
- » Postdoctoral Fellowships at the Institute for the Study of Human Flourishing, The University of Oklahoma.
- » MORE JOB POSTINGS...
φ To have a news item, job posting or conference announcement added: Contact us.
The Equity Committee of the CPA was founded in 1990-1, and works to collect data on the situation of women, visible minorities, philosophers with disabilities, and Aboriginal philosophers in Canada, as well as to share information on best practices to promote equity within the profession. It holds a regular panel as part of the CPA annual meeting to encourage critical reflection on questions of equity. More ...
Hitting the Job Market (For job seekers.)
See this year's prize winners on the Prizes page.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check the site guide.
University of British Columbia
|Chair:||Alan Richardson. Department Head|
(For changes contact web editor)
PIERRE-LUC DOSTIE PROULX
UNIVERSITÉ CATHOLIQUE DE LOUVAIN
DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
CRÉ / GRIN
UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO
UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA
THOMAS DE SAEGHER
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT BERKELEY
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO