About the CPA
To promote philosophical scholarship and exchange, the CPA produces quarterly their journal Dialogue [+]
We gratefully acknowledge the University's continuing support.
Les bureaux de l'ACP se trouvent au sein de la Faculté de philosophie à l'Université Saint-Paul.
Nous remercions grandement l'Université pour son soutien continu.
January 11, 2015:
Deadline for submitting an individual paper for the 2015 congress.
Please see the attached Call for Papers.
Congress time in Ottawa will be very busy. Many conventions and fundraisers are taking place at the same time. Make sure you reserve your hotel room early.
Parking will be at a premium on campus during congress.
In an effort to be as green as possible, there is no bottled water for sale on campus. However, there are many filling stations around campus. Don’t forget to bring your own bottle.
- » The 2015 CPA congress will take place from May 31st to June 3, 2015 at the University of Ottawa.
- » Call for Papers: 2015 Annual Conference Canadian Society of Christian Philosophers.
- » Call for Papers / Proposals for Presentations: “Critical Curricula” — Philosophy in the Schools Project Meeting.
- » Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences 2015 — Capital Ideas.
- » CPA Book Prize Competition: The CPA is once again holding its Book Prize competition. The deadline for submitting your book(s) is October 31, 2014. Get the credit you deserve. Advance your career. Submit a book for the Prize.
- » Congratulations to S. Dieleman (Dalhousie), V. Igneski (McMaster), Melissa Macaulay (Western), and Luke Roelofs (Toronto), all CPA prize winners, Congress 2014.
- » Hiring news 2014: from or to Canadian Philosophy programs.
- » Call for papers: Workshop on Capitalism and Sustainability. Centre de recherché en éthique (CRE), Montréal, 9–10 April 2015.
- » Unsettling Colonial Modernity: Islamicate Contexts in Focus. U of A, Apr 24-25, 2015.
- » Call for abstracts: ISHPSSB 2015. Montréal, 5-10 July.
- » University of Calgary's 4th Annual Philosophy Graduate Student Conference. Philosophy of Science. March 13, 14, 2015..
- » ‘Thinking and Bias’: University of Alberta Philosophy Graduate and Post-Graduate Conference, 12–14 June 2015.
- » Eros as Sensual Intelligence : Philosophical Perspectives. Panel during the EPTC Annual Conference. University of Ottawa (Canada), June 2 – 5, 2015.
- » Climate Change in Culture. University of Prince Edward Island, May 28-31, 2015
- » Triennial Congress of the Société de philosophie analytique (SoPhA), June 17 - 20, 2015, Montreal.
- » MORE COMMUNICATIONS...
- » Visiting Fellowship. Concordia University College of Alberta.
- » Philosophy - Assistant Professor (limited-term), UBC. History of early modern philosophy (through Kant).
- » Professor of German philosophy (from Kant until the end of the nineteenth century). University of Montreal
- » Dean, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Carleton University.
- » Fay Horton Sawyier Pre-Doctoral Teaching Fellowship in Philosophy. Illinois Institute of Technology.
- » MORE JOB POSTINGS...
φ To have a news item, job posting or conference announcement added: Contact the Web Editor.
The Equity Committee of the CPA was founded in 1990-1, and works to collect data on the situation of women, visible minorities, philosophers with disabilities, and Aboriginal philosophers in Canada, as well as to share information on best practices to promote equity within the profession. It holds a regular panel as part of the CPA annual meeting to encourage critical reflection on questions of equity. More ...
Hitting the Job Market (For job seekers.)
See this year's prize winners on the Prizes page.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check the site guide.
|Dept:||Department of Philosophy|
|Chair:||Dr. Bruce Gilbert. Departmental Chairperson|
(For changes contact web editor)