About the CPA
To promote philosophical scholarship and exchange, the CPA produces quarterly their journal Dialogue [+]
Call for papers, symposia, roundtables and workshops.
Congress 2016, University of Calgary, May 29 – June 1.
The deadline for symposia proposals is November 15.
- » Congress 2016, University of Calgary, May 29 – June 1.
- » Statement from the Equity Committee of the CPA on the current state of the discipline and the importance of programs like the site visit program.
- » CFP: 5th Annual Graduate Conference: Logic & Language. Department of Philosophy, University of Calgary. May 27–28, 2016. (pdf)
- » List of recurring Canadian philosophical conferences (Thanks Mike Ashfield!)
- » Call for Papers: 2016 Annual Meeting. Canadian Society of Christian Philosophers. (pdf)
- » The Society for Existential and Phenomenological Theory and Culture (EPTC/TCEP) invites submissions of panel proposals and papers for its 2016 meeting in Calgary. The deadline paper submissions is January 15, 2016.
- » Dependencies and Differences. University of Alberta Philosophy Graduate and Postgraduate Conference. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. 6-8 May 2016.
- » Papers are invited for a conference on Jacques Ellul with the main theme "Politics without Illusion, Revolution without Violence," to be held 6-8 July, 2016 at Berkeley. For details go to the ellul.org website. (Click this headline.)
- » Master's in Ancient Philosophy (Western Ontario).
- » Call for abstracts: New trends in the metaphysics of science. Paris, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne, Dec 16-18, 2015.
- » 1st Call for Papers: Ernst Mach Centenary Conference 2016. University of Vienna and Austrian Academy of Sciences, June 16-18, 2016.
- » Proposals and CFP: The Society for Existential and Phenomenological Theory and Culture, University of Calgary, May 31 – June 2 (tentative), 2016.
- » MORE COMMUNICATIONS...
Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) in Social Epistemology and Cognitive
Science. York University, Department of Philosophy
- » Lecturer / Assistant Professor, tenure stream. Dalhousie University. AOS: Epistemology, Metaphysics, History of Philosophy.
- » Assistant Professor in Women's Studies and Philosophy. Department of Philosophy, University of Waterloo.
- » Tenure-stream position. Department of Philosophy, Glendon College, York University.
- » Tenure-stream position in the Philosophy of Mind/ Analytic Philosophy, University of Saskatchewan.
- » Tenure Track Appointment in Philosophy. Concordia University, Faculty of Arts and Science.
- » Professor in Philosophy of Science. Département de philosophie, Faculté des arts et des sciences, Université de Montréal.
- » Professor in Epistemology. Département de philosophie, Faculté des arts et des sciences, Université de Montréal
- » MORE JOB POSTINGS...
φ To have a news item, job posting or conference announcement added: Contact the Web Editor.
The Equity Committee of the CPA was founded in 1990-1, and works to collect data on the situation of women, visible minorities, philosophers with disabilities, and Aboriginal philosophers in Canada, as well as to share information on best practices to promote equity within the profession. It holds a regular panel as part of the CPA annual meeting to encourage critical reflection on questions of equity. More ...
Hitting the Job Market (For job seekers.)
See this year's prize winners on the Prizes page.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check the site guide.
|Dept:||Department of Philosophy|
(For changes contact web editor)
UNIVERSITÉ DU NOUVEAU-BRUNSWICK