About the CPA
To promote philosophical scholarship and exchange, the CPA produces quarterly their journal Dialogue [+]
- » Call for papers, symposia, round tables and workshops. 2017 Annual Congress, Ryerson University Toronto, Ontario, May 28 to May 31, 2017.
- » CPA Annual Congress 2017. Ryerson University, Toronto, May 28 – May 31
- » University of Moncton threatens to cut philosophy major.
- » The 2017 CPA Book Prize Competition.
- » The Canadian Philosophical Association is pleased to announce the winners of the Faculty and Student Essay prizes.
- » New page: books by members of the CPA.
- » Letter from the President about the removal of SSHRC's 4A Category.
- » The CPA response to reports of academic repression in Turkey.
- » Statement from the Equity Committee of the CPA on the current state of the discipline and the importance of programs like the site visit program.
- » Call for papers: CSECS – Canadian Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies / NEASECS – Northeast American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies. From Cosmopolitans to Cosmopolitanisms. Joint Annual Conference, Toronto, Ontario, 18-22 October 2017.
- » Carleton University now offers an interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Ethics and Public Affairs.
- » Call for Abstracts: The CPA's Philosophy and the Schools Project. Philosophy, Democracy, & Education.
- » Interiority. University of Alberta Philosophy Graduate and Postgraduate Conference, 5-7 May, 2017 Edmonton.
- » Call for Papers: colloquium &lquo;Wittgenstein's Notebooks 1914-1916&rquo;. Université du Québec à Montréal and Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (Montréal and Trois-Rivières, Canada), on May 4-6, 2017.
- » Call for papers: New Italian Thought: Challenges and Responses. International Conference at the Centre for Advanced Research in European Philosophy, King's University College and The Centre for the Study of Theory and Criticism, Western University.
- » Call for Abstracts: CSHPS-SCHPS Annual Conference Toronto, May 27-29, 2017.
- » Thirty-Fourth International Social Philosophy Conference. Sponsored by the North American Society for Social Philosophy with the Department of Philosophy, Loyola University, Chicago. July 13-15, 2017.
- » Call for Papers: From Reformation to Globalization in Canada, Germany, and the World. 5 – 7 October 2017, Saint Paul University, Ottawa.
- » Call for Papers: The Problem of Evil in Modern and Contemporary European Philosophy .
- » CFP: 2017 International Tübingen Symposium on Ethics. "The Value of [Not] Being Diverse An Interdisciplinary Exploration of Social Cohesion, Diversity, Moral Pluralism and their Limits." July 24-26, 2017.
- » MORE COMMUNICATIONS...
- » Full-time tenure-track appointment, Ryerson University. AOS: Non-Western Philosophy or Metaphysics and/or Epistemology.
- » Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities. Lakehead University.
- » Temporary postion, Winter 2017. Douglas Collge.
- » Tenure-stream position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The Department of Philosophy of Glendon College, York University. AOS open; AOC law and social thought.
- » Tenure track, Assistant Professor position, University of Victoria. Area of specialisation: philosophy of mind or philosophy of science.
- » Tenure-Track Position: Philosophy of Mind/Language. McMaster University.
- » MORE JOB POSTINGS...
φ To have a news item, job posting or conference announcement added: Contact the Web Editor.
The Equity Committee of the CPA was founded in 1990-1, and works to collect data on the situation of women, visible minorities, philosophers with disabilities, and Aboriginal philosophers in Canada, as well as to share information on best practices to promote equity within the profession. It holds a regular panel as part of the CPA annual meeting to encourage critical reflection on questions of equity. More ...
Hitting the Job Market (For job seekers.)
See this year's prize winners on the Prizes page.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check the site guide.
Concordia University College of Alberta
|Dept:||Philosophy and Religious Studies|
(For changes contact web editor)
PIERRE-LUC DOSTIE PROULX
UNIVERSITÉ CATHOLIQUE DE LOUVAIN
DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
CRÉ / GRIN
UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO
UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA
SAM HOUSTON STATE UNIVERSITY
UNIVERSITÉ DE MONTRÉAL