About the CPA
To promote philosophical scholarship and exchange, the CPA produces quarterly their journal Dialogue [+]
- » Congress 2016, University of Calgary, May 29 – June 1.
- » The Canadian Philosophical Association is pleased to announce the winners of the Faculty and Student Essay prizes.
- » CPA Programme de l'ACP (updated: 24 Apr)
- » Abstracts - Résumés (updated: 13 Apr)
- » Symposia by Type — Symposiums par genre de présentation (updated: 11 Apr)
- » Symposia by dates — Symposiums par dates (updated: 11 Apr)
- » Registration for Congress 2016 is now open.
- » New page: books by members of the CPA.
- » The 2017 CPA Book Prize Competition.
- » The CPA response to reports of academic repression in Turkey.
- » Statement from the Equity Committee of the CPA on the current state of the discipline and the importance of programs like the site visit program.
- » Western Canadian Philosophical Association 53rd Annual Meeting, with The Canadian Society for Environmental Philosophy / Société Canadienne de Philosophie Environnementale. Oct 28-30, 2016, U of A.
- » Ending soon! Early bird registration for Three Societies Meeting, June 22-25, University of Alberta.
- » Rotman 2016 Annual Conference: Rethinking the Taxonomy of Psychology. April 15 - 17, 2016, Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, London, Ontario.
- » The Canadian Society for Continental Philosophy annual conference, Sep 29--Oct 1, 2016, University of King's College, Halifax.
- » 8th Annual Canadian Hermeneutic Institute. June 15--17, 2016, Toronto.
- » Call for abstracts: Philosophy in the Schools Project: Making it Explicit.
- » CFA: Thirty-Third International Social Philosophy Conference. Carelton University, Ottawa. July 21-23, 2016.
- » MORE COMMUNICATIONS...
- » Replacement Professor (Assistant), University of Ottawa
Two nine-month limited-term appointments (LTAs) at the rank of
Assistant Professor, Trent University.
- » Limited term appointment, Saint Mary's University, Halifax. Critical thinking.
- » MORE JOB POSTINGS...
φ To have a news item, job posting or conference announcement added: Contact the Web Editor.
The Equity Committee of the CPA was founded in 1990-1, and works to collect data on the situation of women, visible minorities, philosophers with disabilities, and Aboriginal philosophers in Canada, as well as to share information on best practices to promote equity within the profession. It holds a regular panel as part of the CPA annual meeting to encourage critical reflection on questions of equity. More ...
Hitting the Job Market (For job seekers.)
See this year's prize winners on the Prizes page.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check the site guide.
University of Ottawa
|Dept:||Department of Philosophy|
|Chair:||Antoine Coté. Chair|
(For changes contact web editor)
UNIVERSITÉ DU NOUVEAU-BRUNSWICK