About the CPA
To promote philosophical scholarship and exchange, the CPA produces quarterly their journal Dialogue [+]
The 2015 CPA congress,
University of Ottawa, May 31st to June 3, 2015.
Congress time in Ottawa will be very busy. Many conventions and fundraisers are taking place at the same time. Make sure you reserve your hotel room early.
Parking will be at a premium on campus during congress.
In an effort to be as green as possible, there is no bottled water for sale on campus. However, there are many filling stations around campus. Don’t forget to bring your own bottle.
- » Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences 2015 — Capital Ideas. Registration is open!
- » Call for Papers: 2015 Annual Conference Canadian Society of Christian Philosophers.
- » Call for Papers / Proposals for Presentations: “Critical Curricula” — Philosophy in the Schools Project Meeting.
- » Call For Papers: The Canadian Section of the IVR, The University of Ottawa, May 30, 2015.
- » The biannual prize of La Fondation Cardinal Mercier, of l'Université Catholique de Louvain, in metaphysics, first philosophy, or ontology in relation to the modern world.
- » Deadline extended: ‘Thinking and Bias’: University of Alberta Philosophy Graduate and Post-Graduate Conference, 12–14 June 2015.
- » Call for Papers: 2015 Association for Political Theory Annual Conference University of Colorado Boulder, October 22-24, 2015.
- » Call for papers: Workshop on Capitalism and Sustainability. Centre de recherché en éthique (CRE), Montréal, 9–10 April 2015.
- » Unsettling Colonial Modernity: Islamicate Contexts in Focus. U of A, Apr 24-25, 2015.
- » Call for abstracts: ISHPSSB 2015. Montréal, 5-10 July.
- » University of Calgary's 4th Annual Philosophy Graduate Student Conference. Philosophy of Science. March 13, 14, 2015..
- » Eros as Sensual Intelligence : Philosophical Perspectives. Panel during the EPTC Annual Conference. University of Ottawa (Canada), June 2 – 5, 2015.
- » Climate Change in Culture. University of Prince Edward Island, May 28-31, 2015
- » Triennial Congress of the Société de philosophie analytique (SoPhA), June 17 - 20, 2015, Montreal.
- » MORE COMMUNICATIONS...
- » Three Sessional Instructor Positions, 2015/16 Centre for Global Studies, Huron University College, London, Ontario.
- » Term position in Social and Political Philosophy / Value Theory. University of Saskatchewan.
- » Term position in the Philosophy of Mind/ Analytic Philosophy. University of Saskatchewan.
- » 1-year postdoctoral research position, Centre for Evolutionary Ecology and Ethical Conservation (CEEEC), Laurentian University.
- » MORE JOB POSTINGS...
φ To have a news item, job posting or conference announcement added: Contact the Web Editor.
The Equity Committee of the CPA was founded in 1990-1, and works to collect data on the situation of women, visible minorities, philosophers with disabilities, and Aboriginal philosophers in Canada, as well as to share information on best practices to promote equity within the profession. It holds a regular panel as part of the CPA annual meeting to encourage critical reflection on questions of equity. More ...
Hitting the Job Market (For job seekers.)
See this year's prize winners on the Prizes page.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check the site guide.
|Dept:||History and Philosophy|
|Chair:||Dr. Robert Rutherdale.|
|Location:||Sault Ste. Marie|
(For changes contact web editor)
UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA
UNIVERSITÉ DU QUÉBEC À MONTRÉAL
LAURA ASHLEY ATKINS
SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY
UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA
UNIVERSITÉ DU QUÉBEC À TROIS-RIVIÈRES
WESTERN UNIVERSITY - ROTMAN INSTITUTE
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AT AMHERST
UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA
UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY
HOCHSCHULE FÜR PHILOSOPHIE - MUNICH
UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH