About the CPA
To promote philosophical scholarship and exchange, the CPA produces quarterly their journal Dialogue [+]
The 2015 CPA congress,
University of Ottawa, May 31st to June 3, 2015.
CPA Programme de l'ACP. (updated: 23 may)
Abstracts - Résumés (updated: 11 apr)
List of symposia (updated: 21 may)
Important information for Mac users presenting at Congress. Click here.
Congress time in Ottawa will be very busy. Many conventions and fundraisers are taking place at the same time. Make sure you reserve your hotel room early.
Parking will be at a premium on campus during congress.
In an effort to be as green as possible, there is no bottled water for sale on campus. However, there are many filling stations around campus. Don’t forget to bring your own bottle.
- » Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences 2015 — Capital Ideas. Registration is open!
- » 2015 Annual Conference Canadian Society of Christian Philosophers.
- » “Critical Curricula” — Philosophy in the Schools Project Meeting.
- » Career Corner, professional development workshop, Congress 2015.
- » Institute for Science, Society and Policy symposium: "Technological Unemployment and the Future of Work", June 3, 2015.
- » Memorial service for Professor Leslie Armour.
- » Hiring news 2015: from or to Canadian Philosophy programs.
- » Moving Pictures: Emotion, Art and Value, Western Canadian Philosophical Association 52nd Annual Meeting, October 2-4, 2015, University of Saskatchewan.
- » EPTC/TCEP 2015, Ottawa. The program for the conference of the Society for Existential and Phenomenological Theory and Culture (EPTC) is now available.
- » 21st Conference of the North American Sartre Society. East Stroudsburg University, Conference Center, Bethlehem, PA, November 13-15, 2015.
- » Call For Papers: The Canadian Section of the IVR, The University of Ottawa, May 30, 2015.
- » The biannual prize of La Fondation Cardinal Mercier, of l'Université Catholique de Louvain, in metaphysics, first philosophy, or ontology in relation to the modern world.
- » Deadline extended: ‘Thinking and Bias’: University of Alberta Philosophy Graduate and Post-Graduate Conference, 12–14 June 2015.
- » Call for Papers: 2015 Association for Political Theory Annual Conference University of Colorado Boulder, October 22-24, 2015.
- » Call for abstracts: ISHPSSB 2015. Montréal, 5-10 July.
- » MORE COMMUNICATIONS...
- » Call for Applications: Visting Scholar, The Centre for Ethics at the University of Toronto.
- » Dean, Faculty of Humanities, University of Victoria.
- » 12-month lectureship in logic, UBC.
- » MORE JOB POSTINGS...
φ To have a news item, job posting or conference announcement added: Contact the Web Editor.
The Equity Committee of the CPA was founded in 1990-1, and works to collect data on the situation of women, visible minorities, philosophers with disabilities, and Aboriginal philosophers in Canada, as well as to share information on best practices to promote equity within the profession. It holds a regular panel as part of the CPA annual meeting to encourage critical reflection on questions of equity. More ...
Hitting the Job Market (For job seekers.)
See this year's prize winners on the Prizes page.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check the site guide.
University of Windsor
(For changes contact web editor)
UNIVERSITY OF WINNIPEG
UNIVERSITÉ DU QUÉBEC À MONTRÉAL
MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY AT MANKATO