About the CPA
To promote philosophical scholarship and exchange, the CPA produces quarterly their journal Dialogue [+]
- » Call for papers, symposia, round tables and workshops. 2017 Annual Congress, Ryerson University Toronto, Ontario, May 28 to May 31, 2017.
- » CPA Annual Congress 2017. Ryerson University, Toronto, May 28 – May 31
- » The 2017 CPA Book Prize Competition.
- » The Canadian Philosophical Association is pleased to announce the winners of the Faculty and Student Essay prizes.
- » New page: books by members of the CPA.
- » Letter from the President about the removal of SSHRC's 4A Category.
- » The CPA response to reports of academic repression in Turkey.
- » Statement from the Equity Committee of the CPA on the current state of the discipline and the importance of programs like the site visit program.
- » Call for Papers: From Reformation to Globalization in Canada, Germany, and the World. 5 – 7 October 2017, Saint Paul University, Ottawa.
- » Call for Papers: The Problem of Evil in Modern and Contemporary European Philosophy .
- » CFP: 2017 International Tübingen Symposium on Ethics. "The Value of [Not] Being Diverse An Interdisciplinary Exploration of Social Cohesion, Diversity, Moral Pluralism and their Limits." July 24-26, 2017.
- » 7th Quebec Seminar in Early Modern Philosophy. Trois-Rivières (QC), Oct. 13-15, 2016.
- » Schelling: Crisis and Critique. Fifth Annual Meeting of the North American Schelling Society: NASS 5. 21-25 February 2017, Mexico City.
- » Theology and the Philosophy of Science: Analytic, Scholastic, and Historical Perspectives. Conference at Concordia University of Edmonton, October 14-15, 2016.
- » Call for Papers: The Idea of God. 23-24-25 November 2016, Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- » EXTENDED DEADLINE, Keynotes confirmed. Western Canadian Philosophical Association 53rd Annual Meeting, with The Canadian Society for Environmental Philosophy / Société Canadienne de Philosophie Environnementale. Oct 28-30, 2016, U of A.
- » Call for papers : 7th Quebec Seminar in Early Modern Philosophy / 7[e] Séminaire québécois en philosophie moderne. October 13-15, 2016, Trois-Rivières, Quebec.
- » ARPA 2016 Conference Announcement and Call for Papers.
- » The Canadian Society for Continental Philosophy annual conference, Sep 29--Oct 1, 2016, University of King's College, Halifax.
- » Call for abstracts: Philosophy in the Schools Project: Making it Explicit.
- » MORE COMMUNICATIONS...
- » Assistant Professor, tenure-track, philosophy of psychology. Carleton University.
- » Assistant Professor - Kant and/or 19th – 20th Century Philosophy. University of Toronto, Mississauga campus.
- » Canada Research Chair in Philosophy of Science, Western University (The University of Western Ontario).
- » Assistant Professor - Philosophy of Science. University of Toronto, St. George Campus (downtown Toronto)
- » Assistant Professor - Social and Political Philosophy. University of Toronto, St. George Campus (downtown Toronto)
- » Assistant Professor - Ethics/Practical Philosophy. University of Toronto, St. George Campus (downtown Toronto)
- » Assistant Professor - Ancient Philosophy. University of Toronto, St. George Campus (downtown Toronto)
- » MORE JOB POSTINGS...
φ To have a news item, job posting or conference announcement added: Contact the Web Editor.
The Equity Committee of the CPA was founded in 1990-1, and works to collect data on the situation of women, visible minorities, philosophers with disabilities, and Aboriginal philosophers in Canada, as well as to share information on best practices to promote equity within the profession. It holds a regular panel as part of the CPA annual meeting to encourage critical reflection on questions of equity. More ...
Hitting the Job Market (For job seekers.)
See this year's prize winners on the Prizes page.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check the site guide.
Wilfrid Laurier University
|Chair:||Dr. Byron Williston.|
(For changes contact web editor)