The Inaugural Dorothy Edgington Lectures, by Professor John McDowell, March 2nd-3rd 2012, Birkbeck College.
The Inaugural Dorothy Edgington Lectures will be given by Professor John McDowell, March 2nd-3rd 2012, Birkbeck College
As well as giving two public lectures, John McDowell will lead a 2 day graduate workshop on the Epistemology of Perception. We invite submissions on this topic, from graduate and postgraduate students, to be presented at the workshop.
Submission Deadline: 15th November 2011
- Papers should be no more than 3,000 words
- (including footnotes, excluding bibliography), to be presented in 30 minutes
- They should be prepared for blind refereeing
- They should include a cover-sheet, with the title, an abstract, your name, institution affiliation, and student status
- They should be formatted with 1.5 spacing, 10pt font, and saved as .pdfs, or .doc (not .docx)
- Send all submissions to: email@example.com
Small student bursaries will be available for speakers who require assistance with travel costs.
Accommodation for student speakers will be available with members of the department.
Workshop registration is free for graduate students, but there are limited spaces - to register for either the workshop or the lectures email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equity Committee of the CPA was founded in 1990-1, and works to collect data on the situation of women, visible minorities, philosophers with disabilities, and Aboriginal philosophers in Canada, as well as to share information on best practices to promote equity within the profession. It holds a regular panel as part of the CPA annual meeting to encourage critical reflection on questions of equity. More ...
Hitting the Job Market (For job seekers.)
See this year's prize winners on the Prizes page.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check the site guide.
Mount Saint Vincent University
|Chair:||M. Brook Taylor (Acting Chair).|
(For changes contact web editor)