Canadian Philosophical Association
Call for Papers, Symposia, Round tables and Workshops
2018 Annual Congress
Université du Québec à Montréal
Montreal, Quebec, June 4 to June 7, 2018
1) Everyone submitting an individual paper or a proposal for a symposium, round table or workshop must be a current CPA member. On-line payment is available through the CPA website.
2) Partial reimbursement of travel costs is only available to students, part-time faculty and unemployed members.
1) All texts must be submitted in English or in French through the EasyChair Conference System. Authors must be registered with EasyChair; registration is free. Click here for the paper submission portal. The deadline for submitting is midnight Sunday January 14, 2018.
2) Submissions must be prepared for anonymous refereeing: all identifying information must be removed.
3) Limit of two submissions per author, though only one paper can be presented in each official language.
4) Limit of one submission in any one discipline (see below).
There are two formats for individual paper submissions.
a) Submit a completed paper of no more than 3500 words. Papers exceeding this word count will not be considered. Word count does not include the bibliography, notes or abstract. Submitted papers must include an abstract of no more than 100 words. Accepted papers will be scheduled for hour-long sessions with assigned commentators.
b) Submit an abstract of no more than 500 words (excluding bibliography). Accepted abstracts will be scheduled for half-hour sessions but will not be assigned commentators. Abstracts are not eligible for essay prizes.
- Individuals interested in chairing a session or commenting on a paper should submit their information through this link by March 15, 2018.
- Submitters are invited to identify themselves as students or faculty in order to be eligible for the Student Essay Prizes or for the Faculty Essay Prizes. Only complete paper submissions are eligible for the prizes.
SYMPOSIA, ROUND TABLES AND WORKSHOPS:
1) Proposals for symposia, round tables and workshops must be submitted by November 24, 2017. Please include a list of tentative participants. All participating Canadian philosophers must be current CPA members.
2) The length of the session is limited to a half-day.
3) Limit of one symposium proposal per organizer.
4) All proposals for symposia, round tables and workshops must be submitted through the CPA submission portal.
5) Please note that strong preference will be given to submissions that include at least one presentation in French.
In order to help determine which member of the program committee their submission goes to, paper and symposium submitters should select one of the following disciplines for each submission.
1. History of philosophy
8. Philosophy of mind
15. Philosophy of cognitive science
2. Contemporary European philosophy
9. Ancient & medieval philosophy 16. Normative Ethics
3. Social & political philosophy
10. Philosophy of arts & aesthetics
17. Applied ethics 4. Philosophy of law
5. Decision theory
12. Philosophy of religion 19. Moral psychology
6. Logic and Philosophy of mathematics
13. Philosophy of science 20. Epistemology 7. Philosophy of language 14. Feminist philosophy 21. Non-Western philosophy
Henry Jackman email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CPA Executive Director
Jennifer Burns email: email@example.com